Prayers of Faith
November 22, 2020 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Faithful Character In Crisis
Passage: James 5:13-20
Memory Verse for the Week: James 5:16 (ESV)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: Elijah prayed in context of calling people to repentance …
HOW THINGS GO WRONG
How can we malfunction when suffering, internally or externally?
JESUS, OUR GOOD SHEPHERD
Why does it matter that Jesus engages with His Father – and us?
What if we respond in faith, trusting Jesus and what He has done for us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His willingness to listen to you. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that, in Christ, He hears us – receiving our praise, welcoming our confession, and answering our cries for help.
2. How (or in what circumstances) are you practically prayerless? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to save you here also – that He would forgive you and work a growing confidence in Him into your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to “bring sinners back” making it possible for you to be God’s adopted child! Thank Him that rather than staying remote and uninvolved, that He engaged in the work and fight so we could be saved.
4. Who do you know that is in need, whether a co-worker, neighbor, or friend? Ask the Father to hear you on their behalf, and to work in their life to give them His joy and Presence.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Read again Luke 11:1-13 and pray for the Spirit to help you trust the access you’re given in Christ and to pray as you should.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Faithful Character In Crisis
November 15, 2020Patience In Suffering
November 8, 2020Boasting & Wealth
November 1, 2020Relationships