Patience In Suffering
Passage: James 5:7-12
Memory Verse for the Week: James 5:7-8 (ESV)
Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Intro: Don’t forget. James’ letter is to fellow believers in crisis.
What is the problem and why is it severe?
OUR ETERNAL HOPE
WHO can do something about this?
THE FAITHFUL RESPONSE
Fight, flight or freeze? What is your instinct in hardship?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His steadfastness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is solidly trustworthy in the midst of everything unsettled or unpredictable in this world.
2. How have you lived agitated or grumbling in the midst of hardships? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and settle you under His good rule.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that HE is solid and faithful in the midst of everything else which is temporary and fleeting. Thank Him that His work is finished, His work to be cursed in our place so that we could be blessed.
4. Who do you know that struggles with hope? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see in Him that their greatest threats are answered and that their greatest hopes are guaranteed.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy. Pray for such a clear sense of Jesus’ steadfastness on the compass of your heart, that you can set your course resolutely toward Him.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.