Boasting & Wealth
Passage: James 4:13-17, James 5:1-6
Memory Verse for the Week: James 4:14-15 (ESV)
... yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
Intro: Why is it so difficult to consider the dangers of greed?
GOD’S TOTAL OWNERSHIP
How is the LORD unique? Only He can say of everything, “That’s mine.”
What is a delusion?
Why can we be hopeful in who Jesus is and what He’s done?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, for His holiness as Owner of all people and all things, including us. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He is willing to claim us as His own children, and that He gives Himself for us.
2. How do you live indifferent to the needs of people in your life while you chase more for yourself? Confess your lovelessness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal your heart – not only to love Him but to love His people as well.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for enduring miseries and murder, to save us. Thank Him for being the Treasure that we can’t afford, yet worth all we have and more – and that indwelling us, He is the Treasure in the jar of clay.
4. Who do you know that is isolated and greedy (and it may be you)? Pray for them asking the Lord to break through their selfishness and the foolishness that comes with not opening your heart to anyone else.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow you in generosity, and to enlarge your faith in His power to transform you. Pray for discernment and perspective to see God for Who He is, earthly things for what they are, and people for who they are.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.