Wisdom from Above
Passage: James 3:13-18
Memory Verse for the Week: James 3:13 & 17 (ESV)
Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.. … But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
Intro: Searching for Wisdom
THE SOURCES OF WISDOM
THE SEEDS OF WISDOM
THE SOLUTION WE ALL NEED
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the Lord for He is the source of all wisdom. In His generosity, He has sent wisdom to us in the form of His Son, Jesus Christ.
2. Consider the sources of wisdom. Where is your life marked with a spirit of jealousy and selfish ambition? Confess your envy and selfishness, asking Him to forgive you and to give you the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:1-11).
3. Give thanks to the Lord for the gift of wisdom. Thank Jesus for coming down from above and making peace for us by the blood of the cross!
4. Evaluate your heart, your home and your community. Where is there disorder and chaos? Ask the Holy Spirit to grant you wisdom that would enable you to love others and pursue peace.
5. Who do you know that has been deceived by the lies of earthly wisdom? Pray for them, asking the Lord to show mercy and kindness toward them. Where might you have an opportunity to gently point them toward the wisdom of Christ?
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.