Passage: James 1:26-27, James 2:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: James 1:27 (ESV)
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Intro: James saw his church struggle with favoritism …
HOW DO WE TREAT PEOPLE BADLY?
How do we seek to use people rather than see them as beautiful?
HOW JESUS HAS TREATED US
How is the Gospel a miracle of God’s grace and mercy?
How can we live with integrity, conveying what we’ve been given?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His loving kindness and mercy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is purely good and that His call for us to live with integrity is good for us as well as our neighbors.
2. How have you lived self-interested in your relationships, seeking your own advantage more than you’ve sought the well-being of others? Confess your selfish, loveless ways to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change you truly.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His mercy to absorb all of your failures and be dragged into court to face your charges. Thank Him that rather than discarding us as worthless, that He loves us and places His worth upon us!
4. Who do you know that is manipulative or utilitarian in how they treat people? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy on them and open their eyes to how HE loves even them in their failures and sin.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His gracious character. Pray that He would help you to a) know His mercy to you in your sin, and b) trust Jesus’ enriching power so that you would be different from this world.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.