Doers of the Word
Passage: James 1:19-25
Memory Verse for the Week: James 1:19-21 (ESV)
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
Intro: This passage brings us back to the critical issue of listening …
WHENEVER YOU DISAGREE
How do you wisely address a brother when you disagree?
WHY HUMILITY IS REASONABLE
Why should we be humble in every disagreement?
DEFINED BY GRACE
What IS constructive?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His righteousness. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His integrity – that He perfectly is everything He commands in His good Word.
2. How have you lived as if you always listen perfectly, and that you’re rarely, if ever wrong? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him for mercy for how you have heard but not done what God says.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has laid aside all of His heavenly glory and privilege. Thank Him for embodying meekness and doing all His Father’s will in order to come to our rescue.
4. Who do you know that struggles with anger? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to put aside selfishness and pride and to meekly receive His Grace that can save their soul.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love, peace and patience. Pray that because of how merciful Jesus has been to you, that by His Spirit, He would help you generously love those who are in your life.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.