Count It All Joy
Passage: James 1:1-12
Memory Verse for the Week: James 1:2-4 (ESV)
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Intro: How do you typically think about hardship?
WISDOM FROM ABOVE
Why do we need wisdom or God’s perspective?
PROFOUND, ENDURING TENSIONS
How are God’s ways (His Kingdom) at odds with the ways of the world?
GOD’S REDEEMING PATTERN
But why do we believe that we can live in joy?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holy perspective – that He sees and knows what no one else possibly can! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His surpassing perspective and for how He shares that with us.
2. How have you lived in tension with God’s perspective and good design? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and persuade you of His steadfast, eternal promises vs. the temporary lies of this world.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to redeem us through suffering, loss and even death. Thank Him for offering His crown of life to us, by His Grace and by His eternal promises.
4. Who do you know that seems to be unable to count any joy in their trials or hardships? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to what is fleeting vs. what is eternal, to give them His hope.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and joy, especially in trials or hardships. Pray for His wisdom to help you live faithfully and in keeping with His perspective rather than in doubt or self-pity.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.