The Fruit of Assurance
Passage: 1 John 5:13-21
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 John 5:13-14 (ESV)
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
ASSURANCE IN PRAYER
ASSURANCE IN PURITY
ASSURANCE IN PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship God for opening up the Triune community and allowing you to join in, know Him personally, talk to Him in prayer, and be changed to look more like Him.
2. Confess the flippancy with which you can treat the access you have to the Lord. Ask Jesus to forgive your lack of prayer and communion with Him, choosing instead to worship created things to give you the assurance only He can.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the assurance of pardon He has purchased for you on the cross. The Son has been cast out of the Father’s presence so you can be assured by faith in Him that you never will.
4. Who do you know that is struggling with assurance of their salvation? Who is struggling to believe that their sins are too big for Jesus to pardon? Pray the Spirit will cause their hearts to cry, “Abba, Father,” by faith in Jesus alone.
5. Ask the Spirit to turn your knowledge about God into knowledge of God, loving Him more as you get to know Him better in His word and prayer.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.