Passage: 1 John 4:7-21
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 John 4:13 (ESV)
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
Intro: How old were you when you got your first payday?
GRACE = GOD’S WORK
Why do we believe that everything is undergirded by God and His actions?
SELF-RELIANCE & PROUD PAYCHECKS
How do we twist God’s grace into a system of performance?
THIS IS HOW WE KNOW
Why is our faith in God’s Sovereign Grace so comforting?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His love, splendor and grace. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He has shone the light of His grace into the darkness of this world, especially our hearts!
2. How have you lived in the darkness of this world, insistent on your own will? Confess your pride and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal your heart by His work where you were guilty and helpless.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to come rescue us where our rebellion left us poor, ashamed and helpless. Thank Him for giving us what we could never earn, and acting to save us from what we could never repair or escape.
4. Who do you know that lives like they are in darkness? Ask the Lord to show Himself to them and flood their heart with the light of His love and forgiveness.
5. Ask the Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love to conquer all of your fears. Pray for a sense of assurance by His Grace that you would live sure of His work against everything wrong in you, and that you would love others as He has loved you.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.