Love One Another
Passage: 1 John 3:11-24
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 John 3:16 (ESV)
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
Intro: Who in your life is hard to love?
SELFISH & POLLUTED
Why is true love so difficult?
GRACE INSTEAD OF JUSTICE
Instead of blotting us out, what has the Lord chosen to do?
What can change us into people that love others (even enemies!) more than our own advantage or comfort?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD God Almighty for His wisdom, power and love. Praise Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that He is willing to work against evil rather than just blotting us all out in His justice and wrath.
2. How have you lived with some vague idea of “loving Humanity” but you’ve failed to love a particular man or woman? Confess to Jesus how your lovelessness is wrong, and ask Him to save you from your guilt and deadness.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for laying down His life in our place – for cleansing us from our sin and for healing us by His power. Thank Him for the gift of His Spirit to live in us to empower us to love truly and not merely with words.
4. Who do you know that struggles with coldness of heart? Pray for them, asking Jesus to work in their heart to transform them and to equip you to love them well. Ask the Spirit to empower you to serve more than you talk.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear His fruit of love in your heart. Pray that by His indwelling presence in you – because of trusting Jesus – that He would give you a sense of His power enabling you to love as Jesus does.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.