We Are God’s Children
Passage: 1 John 2:28-29, 1 John 3:1-10
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 John 1:3-4 (ESV)
that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
Intro: What defines your sense of purpose or identity (a behavioral “Oreo”)?
A SOLID DESIGN WITH A CLEAR AIM
The LORD is good, loving, righteous, pure, and we were made to live in His likeness …
ENTICED & INDEPENDENT
How has the devil led a destructive movement of rebellion and sin?
Why can we have confidence before Jesus and not shame?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His holiness and goodness. Praise God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He is good, true, pure, and the One who has conquered evil in Christ.
2. How have you lived in unbelief and rebellion? Agree with Jesus that you have been foolish and loveless to live this way, and ask Him to cleanse and change you by His Grace.
3. Give thanks to the Lord for His first “appearing” (the term John uses) when He came to remove our sin and destroy the devil’s work. And thank Him for His second appearing when He will judge all people and put everything right.
4. Who do you know that struggles with living for God? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to how much they need Him, and to understand that His design of all things is the source of all goodness.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and goodness. Pray that the Spirit would work for your renewal, and that we would be the kind of church that would truly help people to see Jesus and show Him to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.