Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Intro: When have you been treated harshly (without gentleness)?
JESUS’ RADICAL VALUES
How are Jesus’ values radical – and what do they expose in us?
HIS AMAZING GENTLENESS
What is significant about how Jesus treats us in our weakness?
OUR CALL TO IMAGE HIM
Why does it matter that love and gentleness are fruits of the Spirit?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD Almighty for His loving-kindness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that with all of His power, He is nevertheless gentle of heart.
2. How have you lived harshly, or even meanness to those who fail to live up to your standards? Confess your pride and distorted values to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and restore you to live in line with His grace.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His mercy, to meet you at your very worst with gentleness rather than cruelty. Thank Him that “a bruised reed he will not break, a smoldering wick he will not quench.”
4. Who do you know that has been mistreated by others, especially in the midst of their weakness? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal His love and gentleness to them – even as He uses you to show them.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you His fruit of love and gentleness. Read Matthew 11:27-30, and pray for His power at work in you to transform you to be gentle and lowly of heart, like Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.