His Willingness to Suffer
Passage: Luke 22:7-23
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 22:19 (ESV)
And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
Intro: What separates an accident from a plan?
GOD’S DELIBERATE PLAN
What do we learn about Jesus’ will to suffer to save His people?
OUR ARTFUL DODGE
How are we ill prepared to navigate or endure suffering, let alone thrive in it?
WHAT SHAPES HOW WE ACT
What if God can turn wicked deeds to His good, saving purposes?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His sovereign power, wisdom and goodness, especially in His work through suffering. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is in control and that no one can possibly unseat Him.
2. How have you lived as if you’re a victim and that God is your greatest offender, when in reality we have betrayed Him? Confess your foolishness and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for choosing to suffer to meet your needs – to remove your guilt and makes you whole when no one else would. And thank Him for loving and enduring with you when no one else could.
4. Who do you know that has suffered and it has them discouraged? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help and encourage them in Christ; especially that they see how Jesus can turn even death into redemption.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow you in wisdom. Pray for a heart to read God’s Word every day; to know the LORD more and more; and to grow in true loyalty to Him as your good King and Savior.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.