The Return of Christ
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Memory Verse for the Week: 1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 18 (ESV)
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. … Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline | Spotify Playlist | Song Lyrics | Live Stream | Sermon Audio
Intro: What does the term “beatific vision” mean?
THE PROBLEM OF UNCHECKED EVIL
What if there was no ultimate reconciliation of everyone and everything?
THE REMEDY OF JESUS’ RETURN
Why do we believe Jesus IS coming back?
THE FUTURE’S IMPACT, NOW
Therefore, how should we live?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Therefore, how should we live? Worship the LORD for His true goodness and power to conquer evil. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for already conquering death and hell in Christ, and His promised victory over all evil at Jesus’ Return.
2. How have you lived in ignorance of how spiritual forces of evil are real, or in fear that they will overcome you? Confess your fear and unbelief asking Jesus to cleanse you and to secure you in His love and power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He is trustworthy by what He has done and for what He has promised. Thank Him for already winning out over sin, death, Satan and hell, and for His guarantee that He is coming back for us!
4. Who do you know that is overwhelmed by suffering and evil? Read Revelation 21:1-5, and pray for them asking Jesus, the Lord Almighty, to give them peace in His rule and power.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight into the certainty of Jesus’ reign and future return. Pray for sobriety, perspective and hope under Jesus’ rule while you continue to live faithfully for Him.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.