The Ascension of Christ
Passage: Acts 1:6-11, Ephesians 1:19-23
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 1:9 (ESV)
And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight.
Intro: Why does Jesus’ Ascension matter?
WHAT WAS GOING ON?
The act of Jesus’ ascension is plain, but its meaning is not.
WHY WAS IT DIFFICULT?
What are the ways we misunderstand, or doubt God’s promise?
BUT WHAT IF IT’S TRUE?
How then is Jesus continuing His original True Mission?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His love and delight to redeem lost and sinful people like us! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His grace and His eternal purposes to save!
2. How have you lived as if God’s mission is at odds or irrelevant to your life mission? Confess your pride and self-will to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to reconcile your heart to His heart for the lost.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His eternal mission and the beauty of His willingness to come down in order to raise us up. Thank Him for His work, His Person, and His provision to save people like us.
4. Who do you know that lives with a clear sense of mission in following Jesus? Pray for them, asking the Lord to strengthen them for sustained faithfulness, and to help you to learn from them as best as you can.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Pray for a sense of your security under Jesus’ rule, and a heart like His for the lost, that His Spirit would equip you for your part in His mission.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.