The Resurrection of Christ
Passage: Luke 24:1-2
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 24:7 (ESV)
“that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.”
Intro: What do you personally expect about death?
THE PROBLEM OF DEATH
When have you experienced dissonance?
JESUS’ PROMISE OF VICTORY
How does Jesus’ resurrection display His power and trustworthiness?
OUR PROCLAMATION OF HOPE
What’s the difference between a witness and an author?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His all-surpassing power! Praise and adore Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that He is mightier than our sin, death, and hell.
2. How have you lived perplexed and afraid because of death’s power? Confess your helplessness to Jesus, asking Him to save you and forgive you – working power out of weakness, life out of death.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He has proven His power and trustworthiness. Thank Him for opening up access to God by His death, and for opening up eternity by His resurrection!
4. Who do you know that is shaken by the real power of death? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them in His resurrection power – and that He would give them hope as only He can.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy, especially in light of Jesus’ resurrection! Pray for such a confidence in His power and trustworthiness that you would joyfully bear witness to others of His story.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.