Sow in Tears, Reap with Joy
Passage: Psalm 126:1-6
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 126:5 (ESV)
Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
Intro: When did you last face a situation where you felt hopeless?
BECAUSE OF GOD’S PAST PERFORMANCE
In the past, how has the LORD been good and faithful?
WE PRESENTLY PRAY
What does “streams in the desert” mean?
AND WORK IN LIGHT OF FUTURE HOPE
Why does hope matter?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD who has been good and faithful to His people always! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He restores us, and fills us with joy and hope.
2. How have you lived doubting that God can work joy out of hardship? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and restore your heart to trust His resurrection power.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for how He worked life out of death! Thank Him for dying to bear your guilt, and for being raised to repair your brokenness, thereby giving you hope in all things.
4. Who do you know that struggles with joy in hardship? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see their hope as only possible with Him, and that He would use you to help them see that.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work into you joy and courage. Pray that He would help you to see your hope in Christ as so secure that you would live in courage and joy even in the midst of hardship and suffering.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.