Eternal Confidence in the LORD
Passage: Psalm 123:1-4, Psalm 124:1-8, Psalm 125:1-2
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 125:1 (ESV)
Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
Intro: How do you respond when people sin against you?
WHY AN ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE?
What can help take your heart up and above your circumstances, to “set your troubles in a context large enough to contain them”?
CRITICS, THUGS & FLOODS?
What happens when we lose perspective?
OR LIKE MOUNT ZION …
What would it mean to be solidly secure, like Mt. Zion?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, enthroned above the heavens! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His sovereign power and authority – that He is unmoved and abides forever, and makes us so secure.
2. How have you lived as if this world, here and now, is all you have? Confess your short-sighted unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to enlighten you to see His eternal power and providence.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to answer all that threatens us because of sin and evil. Thank Him for defending you even against your own failures, and the failures of others, until He returns to put all things right.
4. Who do you know that does not know how to take their heart up above their circumstances? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them gain an eternal perspective because of Jesus’ eternal rule.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love, joy and peace. Pray that He would help you grow in how HE sees you, others and all of His work in His world on His timetable.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.