Repent & Trust
Passage: Psalm 120:1-6, Psalm 121:1-8
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 120:1(ESV)
In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me.
Intro: What did the pilgrims do and why did they do it?
The experience of distress is a universal experience. What are common causes?
EVERYONE LOOKS FOR HOPE
How have you looked for relief from distress? Everyone does.
WHY CAN YOU HAVE ASSURANCE?
How can I know God will redeem and sustain me?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, our Helper who made heaven and earth. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His power (Almighty!) and vigilance (He never sleeps nor slumbers).
2. How have you lived in trusting things or circumstances more than you trust the Lord? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to renew you to trust Him more than anyone or anything.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His willingness to suffer and be separated from His Father in order to atone for our sins. Thank Him for all He endured to pay your debt and for all He gives you by His Grace.
4. Who do you know that lives in distress? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them, to secure them by His answer to their cries for help and to keep them by His immeasurable power.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to secure you in His love and faithfulness. Pray for the Spirit to bear in you His fruit of peace, especially as you compare what the things of this world offer vs. all that the LORD freely gives you in Christ.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.