Parable of the Wise & Foolish Attendants
Passage: Matthew 25:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 25:13 (ESV)
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
Intro: As unrecognizable as the story is, it’s a call to readiness.
What is the activity of readiness? And what are the reasons?
PAIN & SORROW, THE WORLD OVER
What are the consequences of a lack of vigilance?
THE READINESS OF THE RESCUED
Prepared, we don’t lose what we value or a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His supremacy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is worthy of being obeyed, honored and served with all your heart.
2. How have you lived as if God is demanding for expecting you to wait on Him? Confess your pride and conceit to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to help you humble yourself before Him as you should.
3. Read Matthew 20:28. Give thanks to Jesus for His work in serving us and giving His life as a ransom in our place. Thank Him for attending to whatever the Mission of His Father required in order to save us from sin, death and hell.
4. Who do you know that is not ready for Jesus’ return? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their need and the beauty of His Grace in the Gospel.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear the fruit of faithfulness in you. Read 1 John 2:15-17, 28 and pray for His work in your heart to help you “abide in him, so that when he appears you may have confidence and not shrink from Him in shame at His coming.”
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.