Parable of the Wedding Feast
Passage: Matthew 22:1-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 22:14 (ESV)
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Intro: What if you were invited to a royal wedding?
A ROYAL INVITATION
How is Jesus’ Kingdom like a wedding feast?
Not everyone wants to respond to Jesus, to his invitation …
So how do we make sense of the issue of clothes?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His amazing grace and mercy. Praise God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His heart to welcome even sinners like us into His Kingdom and family!
2. How have you lived indifferent to God’s invitations, or even with hostility toward those who called you to Christ? Confess your hostility to Jesus as foolish and wrong, asking Him for mercy and a changed heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of His mercy. Thank Him for being willing to take your place, cursed on the Cross, and for offering His righteousness to clothe your inadequacy before God’s holiness.
4. Who do you know that has faithfully invited you or others to Jesus? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them in their work, and that He would help you learn from them how to better share your faith.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow in you His fruit of joy. Pray for a greater ability to intentionally rejoice in His love, His mercy, His very worth and beauty; and pray for the ability to communicate this joy to others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.