Parable of the Wicked Tenants
Passage: Matthew 21:33-46
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 20:15-16 (ESV)
15 Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity? 16 So the last will be first, and the first last.
Intro: What is Jesus saying in this parable? And when is He saying it?
THE OWNER & CORNERSTONE
Why are Jesus’ claims so significant?
HATEFUL & SELF-DECEIVED
What lie is being believed to behave like these tenants?
JESUS: EXALTED, GRACIOUS & NECESSARY
What do we learn from Jesus’ conclusion?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD who is your Owner. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His good authority over all evil, so that He has guaranteed that His will prevails and evil will surely and eternally be overthrown.
2. How have you lived (whether you were aware of it or not) that God is not your Owner? Confess your attitude and actions as equal to being a thief, asking Jesus to have mercy upon you and to change your heart to be reconciled to Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for coming to bear the punishment you deserve. And thank Him for revealing to you how absolutely necessary He is, and for offering Himself to freely give what no one could ever take or earn.
4. Who do you know that avoids rendering to God the fruit that He is due? Pray for them, asking the Lord to awaken them from their denial and peril.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow in you a greater sense of God’s ownership of you and of all people. Pray that He would help you trust in Jesus’ authority (and ultimate justice) even as He calls you to testify to rebels.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.