Parable of the Laborers
September 11, 2019 Series: Parables of the Kingdom
Passage: Matthew 20:1-16
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 20:15-16 (ESV)
15 Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity? 16 So the last will be first, and the first last.
THE MASTER OF THE LABORERS
THE GRUMBLING OF THE LABORERS
THE GRATITUDE OF THE GRATEFUL LABORERS
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD of the Harvest. Praise God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His compassion to save sinners like us when He could justly judge and condemn us instead.
2. How have you lived with a demanding spirit toward God? How have you lived as if He owes you more (and you owe Him little) instead of living in amazement at His mercy and grace? Confess your sin to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of His willingness to work on your behalf – and to work long, hard, and joyfully – that you could be redeemed. Thank Him for His diligence, patience, and generosity to work to recover what was rightfully His all along.
4. Who do you know that works hard in Jesus’ mission? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them stamina, a grateful attitude and fruitfulness in their work for Jesus’ sake.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear the fruit of faithfulness in your heart, especially to labor faithfully in the work Jesus has given you to do. Pray for grace to abide in Jesus, the Vine, for apart from Him we can do nothing.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.