Parable of the Weeds
Passage: Matthew 13:24-30, Matthew 13:36-43
Memory Verse for the Week: Matthew 13:30 (ESV)
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”
Intro: What is life like in a war zone?
AN UNDERLYING CONFLICT
What if it’s true that we live in the midst of a spiritual war?
SEASONS: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE
What part of the story are we in, and why does it matter?
How does Jesus say this story ends?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His infinite power, wisdom, and goodness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He has guaranteed that evil will not win in its opposition to His rule.
2. How have you lived more like a weed in God’s harvest than as His fruitful crop? Confess your opposition to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and truly change your heart to be His.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to stop evil, both in the hearts of His people and ultimately at the final judgment. Thank Him for removing your sin (bearing your punishment) on the Cross and for obeying in the face of every temptation and putting His righteousness on you by faith!
4. Who do you know that struggles with evil in the world, giving in to despair? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them hope through His grace and promises – that He would pour out His resurrection hope into their heart.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work hope in your heart. Pray for such amazement at God’s mercy to you (when you were once so opposed to Him) that you would have hope that He could yet redeem others that you know oppose Him now.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.