Parable of the Sower
Passage: Matthew 13:1-11, Matthew 13:18-23
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Corinthians 9:7 (ESV)
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Intro: Have you ever been cited for failing to produce?
THE LORD IS FRUITFUL
How has God designed us to be fruitful in faithfulness to Him?
PESTERED, ROOTLESS & CHOKED
What happens when we break God’s good design?
THE GRAIN THAT DIES BEARS FRUIT
Why is Jesus fruitful?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for how fruitful He is in all that He has created and does. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His generous, fruitful heart and for all the ways He has designed us in His likeness.
2. How have you lived pursuing the fruit of other kings rather than Jesus? Confess your disloyalty to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart to love His kingdom most.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to give us new life by His Grace. Read John 12:24, and thank Him for His fruitfulness by His death – the grain of wheat that bears fruit because it dies.
4. Who do you know that is fruitful for Jesus? Pray for them, asking the Lord to sustain them and to help them spread the good news of Jesus to others still.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of His love and character. Read Colossians 1:10-14 and pray for a faithful heart to “bear fruit in every good work.”
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.