The Gospel and Money
Passage: 2 Corinthians 9:6-11, 2 Corinthians 9:15
Memory Verse for the Week: 2 Corinthians 9:7 (ESV)
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Intro: Who do you know that’s excited about giving? Do you wish you were?
GOD IS ABLE
How are the images of sowing and reaping tough for us to tie together?
DO WE TRUST HIM?
How does our response to opportunities to give often reflect unbelief?
What does abounding grace mean? It means provision …
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD that “He is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.” Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He claims us as His own children, and provides for us so abundantly.
2. How have you lived doubting God’s ownership of you, His promises or His track record of care? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and free you from the trap of self-interest.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for loving you and working to save you, as no one else can. Thank Him for His work to take away all that is wrong with you by His death, and investing in you by the gift of His indwelling Spirit.
4. Who do you know that is joyless and selfish? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them in their heart to know that they “could be enriched in every way to be generous in every way”.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and joy. Pray that the Holy Spirit would help you grow and excel in the grace of giving, by His transforming love.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.