The Gospel and Work
Passage: Colossians 3:9b-17, Colossians 3:23-24
Memory Verse for the Week: Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV)
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Intro: How does the way we live and work change if we trust Jesus?
Where do you live compared with where do you vacation?
WHY IS JESUS OUR ALL IN ALL?
At what did Jesus aim His entire life and mission?
Union with Jesus erases one kind of distinction; His love creates another.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty for His mercy and compassion to meet our needs when He could justly destroy us for our sin. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His graciousness to us even in our sin.
2. How have you lived applying all your skills and talents to serve yourself rather than serving God or others? Confess your self-centeredness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for being able to cover all of our needs, especially to cleanse us (vs. our guilt) and make us whole (vs. our brokenness). Thank Him for His generous work to heal us with His fullness.
4. Who do you know that trends toward being self-centered? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their own frailty and limits, and to His ability (His alone) to fill them with regard for others.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love. Pray for His work in your heart to help you to live in the fullness of Jesus being your all in all, to free you from self-concern and to empower you to work heartily to love others well.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.