The Gospel of Jesus
Passage: Mark 1:14-15
Memory Verse for the Week: Mark 1:14b-15 (ESV)
Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Intro: How would you rate our culture’s view of authority?
WHAT IS WRONG, REALLY?
What does it mean to repent? And for what?
JESUS HAS DEFEATED THE THREAT
What is the Gospel of Jesus?
TRUSTING HIM vs. TRUSTING OURSELVES
What does it mean to believe? Whose efforts, resources, power or authority do you trust?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His holiness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for how He is necessary, incomparable and gloriously worthy.
2. How have you lived trusting in your own efforts and resources of authority over trusting Jesus? Confess your pride and unbelief to Him, asking Jesus to forgive you and to persuade you of His surpassing power and worth.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of His Gospel giving Himself in our place to remove our guilt and secure us in His holiness! Thank Him for coming to do what none of us can do, what no one else is willing to do.
4. Who do you know that lives in the guilt and wreckage of their own will? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make known to them the hope of Jesus’ victory over everything wrong in us.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy at the miracle of Jesus' love and power. Pray that you would be more and more defined by what Jesus has done for you than by what you’ve done, or failed to do.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.