Resurrection - A New Understanding
Passage: Luke 24:13-32
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 24:26 & 27 (ESV)
"Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself."
Intro: What are the latest headlines?
DAZED & CONFUSED
Slow hearts: What does discouragement reveal?
EXPOSED BUT LOVED
Opened hearts: What do we learn from Jesus’ appearance?
LED INTO A NEW UNDERSTANDING
Burning hearts: However long it takes, what fuels a paradigm shift?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His all-surpassing power! Praise and adore Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that He is mightier than our sin, death and hell.
2. In what ways do you live with a lens of your experience (whether in fear or pride) interpreting all that you believe? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to wash you and give you His perspective.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His initiative to move toward us in our unbelief! Thank Him for graciously revealing His Word to us so that we could know Him and trust His work to conquer sin, death, Satan and hell!
4. Who do you know that is discouraged and hopeless? Ask the Lord to overcome the deadness of their soul and give them a sense of His living, all-powerful Presence!
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight into where you functionally live as if Jesus was neither punished in your place nor raised in victory. Ask Him to change your heart and mind and to give you His joy.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.