God On Trial
Passage: Exodus 17:1-7
Memory Verse for the Week: Psalm 95:1, 6-9
1 Oh come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! … 6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! 7 For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness, 9 when your fathers put me to the test and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.
Intro: When did you last see a courtroom drama?
(AGAIN) IN NEED & COMPLAINING
What did the Israelites experience as the LORD led them – having no water to drink?
“STRIKE THE ROCK”
How did the LORD make one of the most amazingly gracious moves in the entire Old Testament?
WATER OF LIFE
What changes when we’re defined by God’s grace, His work to save?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD that He has revealed Himself as the Savior of all who trust in Him. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He has provided a way for justice to be satisfied on our behalf and for us to be reconciled.
2. How have you lived as if your definition of “the good life” is what God owes you? Confess your demanding spirit to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and transform you to seek your goodness in Him.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His being Accused when we deserve to not just be accused but condemned before Him! Thank Him for taking your place and for giving you His record of goodness.
4. Who do you know that grumbles like the Israelites, asking “Is God really among us?” Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see how He has offered to be present with us in Christ by His Holy Spirit.
5. Read John 7:37-39. Ask the Spirit to help you drink of Christ as He offered. Pray for a sense of His quenching your thirst and sourcing you (infinitely!) because Jesus atoned for you and fills you by His own Presence.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.