Bread From Heaven
Passage: Exodus 16:1-15, Exodus 16:18, Exodus 16:31-35
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 16:8b & 15
16:8b “what are we (Moses and Aaron)? Your grumbling is not against us but against the LORD.” … 15 When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?”
For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, “It is the bread that the LORD has given you to eat.”
Intro: When did you last hear a complaint about food?
THE LORD IS GRACIOUS
In the face of bitter grumbling, how does the LORD graciously provide for our needs?
THE ROOTS OF GRUMBLING
How is there bad theology in every episode of grumbling?
HIS AMAZING PROVISION
Only the LORD can free us. So how does He?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His generous provision and His power to save. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His ability to turn what looks like destruction into the very place that He is glorified as the God who saves.
2. How have you lived grumbling and complaining? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to quiet your heart with His love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for absorbing the accusations that only we deserve and for giving us blessings that only He has earned. Thank Him for being broken in His death, and for giving you life by His resurrection.
4. Who do you know that lives with a complaining mindset? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to His true love and power and to lead them away from grumbling to a life of joy and gratitude.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in your heart the fruit of love and joy, giving you a sense of awe at God’s ways. Pray for fullness in Christ and the skill to lament in your sorrows rather than grumbling or complaining.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.