The Pillar of Cloud & Fire
Passage: Exodus 13:21-22, Exodus 40:34-38
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 13:21 & 40:38
"And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. …For the cloud of the LORD was on the tabernacle by day, and fire was in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel throughout all their journeys."
Intro: How have you been affected by leaders in your life (good & bad)?
HOW THE LORD LEADS
What is significant about the LORD’s leadership of His people?
WHEN LEADERSHIP FAILS
What is it like to have a lapse in leadership?
How did Jesus lead His people personally, faithfully and with compassion?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD for His good leadership – by His personal presence, faithfully and compassionately.
2. How have you lived doubting His leadership and refusing to lead others?
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to incarnate, redeem and abide.
4. Who do you know that has not been led? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them and use you in doing so.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and faithfulness.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.