The Lord's Passover
Passage: Exodus 12:1-14
Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 12:12-13
"For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD.13 The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt."
Intro: What is the significance of the Passover?
AN UNAVOIDABLE JUDGEMENT
AN INCREDIBLE MERCY
AN UNBLEMISHED LAMB
A NEW LIFE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD as holy and righteous. Celebrate that He is a God of justice and mercy.
2. In what ways have you turned a blind eye to your own sin? Have you thought about the current and eternal consequences of your sin?
3. Give thanks to God for His incredible mercy. His provision of Christ as the slain Lamb who is without blemish and has made atonement for our sin.
4. Have you been liberated and redeemed by God through the blood of Christ? Are you trusting in His blood to cover your sin?
5. Is your life marked by a new birth? Ask that God would give you a burden and joy to share His story of redemption with a neighbor, friend or family member.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.