The Call of Moses
January 20, 2019 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Exodus: The Wonder of Grace
Passage: Exodus 2:23– 3:15
"Memory Verse for the Week: Exodus 3:14-15
"God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations."
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline
Intro: When did you last struggle or suffer?
THE LORD HEARS, SEES & KNOWS
Why does it matter that God sees our trials and suffering?
RESCUE VS. ADVICE
Why is it necessary that deliverance comes from the outside?
I AM … WITH YOU & BEYOND
What is God’s pattern for our redemption?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US ...
1. Worship the LORD, the Great I AM, for His holiness and sufficiency. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His surpassing power and sufficiency as the self-existing God who saves sinners that trust in Him.
2. How have you lived trying to avoid ever being needy, trusting in your own sufficiency? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to persuade you of His power and love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of His Grace to absorb the burning fire of His Father’s holiness against your sin! Thank Him that He is the Great I AM who became human to save people like us!
4. Who do you know that tries to live in a self-sufficient way? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make plain to them their vulnerability – and His power to save them if they would repent.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you repent of residual self-trust. Pray that He would help you grow more secure in His sufficiency as the Great I AM who saves, Who is with you and uses you to reach others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Exodus: The Wonder of Grace
April 14, 2019The Glory of God’s Dwelling
April 7, 2019God’s Covenant: Steadfast Love
March 31, 2019Show Me Your Glory