Jesus’ Welcoming Mission
Passage: Romans 15:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
Intro: Imagine the waves rippling out from a stone landing in water …
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
What happens because of Jesus welcoming us?
WHAT MAKES IT WORK? OR NOT?
How well do you bear with the failings of others?
SO WHY DO WE HAVE HOPE?
What has Jesus done, starting from His home and family?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD for His Grace to welcome people like us into His household! Praise Him, God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He offers His glory and power to save sinners like us.
2. How are you unwilling to give whatever power or riches you have to serve or build up the weak? Confess your pride and lovelessness to Jesus and ask Him to wash you and renew your heart with His grace and mercy.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for the wonder of His welcome, both taking us into His home and bearing our failings. Thank Him for not merely forgiving us but marrying us and taking us as His in all our shame.
4. Who do you know that is struggling? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them a sense of security in His grace (His work on their behalf), and ask Him to help you to better know how to encourage them as well.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you endurance and encouragement to give [us] a spirit of unity among [ourselves] as [we] follow Christ Jesus,” v. 5. Ask the Lord for wisdom in how to live peaceably together in the gospel.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.