Love and Conscience
Passage: Romans 14:13-23
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 14:22-23
"The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin."
Intro: When did you last get lost?
WHAT MATTERS MOST?
What is God’s scale of value, and how does He reveal His priorities?
TWISTED BEYOND RECOGNITION
How do we “flip” or distort love and conscience to be self-serving?
A RELIABLE COMPASS
So, how does Grace help me to define love and guide my conscience?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the Lord for His love and His good, righteous design. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for such a full and wise plan.
2. How have you condemned others for behavior that is not necessarily wrong, or hurt others by being willful? Confess your pride and selfishness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change your heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for setting down His comforts and preferences to meet our needs, to save sinners like us. Thank Him for honoring His Father’s will to restore goodness in this world and to make us whole.
4. Who do you know that is struggling? Pray for them, asking the Lord to give them a sense of security in His grace (His work on their behalf), and ask Him to help you to better know how to encourage them as well.
5. Ask the Spirit for wisdom in how to live out the implications of the gospel. Pray for the freedom that you’re promised in God’s Word and at the same time, the love for others that can govern your appetites.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.