Love and Humility
Passage: Romans 12:1, Romans 12:9, Romans 12:15-16
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 12:15-16
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight."
Love is putting your happiness in someone else’s happiness. Rejoicing when they rejoice.
Envy is being pained by someone else’s happiness. Weeping when they rejoice.
God’s humility overturns the world.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Adore God. He is close to the broken-hearted. His heart is soft towards us in all our sadness.
2. Confess the ways you insulate your life from he pain of others - not weeping when they weep. Also, do you ever resent the successes of others - not rejoicing when they rejoice?
3. Give thanks for Jesus. His incarnation is an act of cosmos-rearranging humility.
4. Ask the spirit to give you the mind of Christ (Phil 2:5).
5. Pray for Community Groups - that they would become places of empathy and humility.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.