The Flourishing Church
Passage: Acts 13:1-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Acts 13:2-3
"While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off."
Intro: What does a flourishing gospel community look like? We can miss on what flourishing really looks like — on a team, in a marriage/family, in a school or business, perhaps especially in a church.
FLOURISHING THROUGH GOSPEL GENEROSITY
FLOURISHING THROUGH GOSPEL CREATIVITY
FLOURISHING THROUGH GOSPEL HUMILITY
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for His worth and beauty. Praise and adore Him that He deserves all our labor – for how He has worked for us and that it is good to work hard for Him and His people.
2. How have you been lazy or neglectful of the mission He has called you into? Confess your failure and rebellion against Jesus for the work He has given you to do – and ask Him for mercy to be forgiven and changed at heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for doing everything necessary so heartily to deliver us from Satan’s domination. Thank Him for His power in the resurrection so that our greatest threat would be destroyed and that we can have hope in the work He has given us to do.
4. Who do you know that does not live thinking of the wellbeing of others? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them and fill them with His power so that they can help others grow to maturity in Christ. Pray that God would mature more believers in Trinity to become leaders.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to soften your heart and disposition toward God and those you could help to grow. Pray for the Spirit’s work to soften the hearts of those you would seek to lead to Jesus.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.