Stay Engaged In Hope
Passage: Romans 12:9, Romans 12:11-12
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 12:11-12
"Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."
Intro: Why is a command for real love necessary?
THE VALUE OF ENDURING LOVE
What is enduring love and why does it matter?
IT IS AN ONGOING BATTLE
Why is enduring love elusive? (e.g. jumper cables of your heart)
UNENDING, UNBROKEN HOPE
How did Jesus stay engaged, in hope? And how does He?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD for His enduring, unbreakable love. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that as He is love and as He is eternal, it is impossible that His love would fail.
2. How have you lived hoping for eternal joy from a finite source? Or, how have you failed to endure in love? Confess your sin and self-reliance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to source you for unending love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His success where you have failed. Thank Him that He engaged with us in our guilt and ruin (coming to this world to die for us), and for anchoring our hope by His resurrection.
4. Who do you know that is weary in love? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them, to sustain them and source them for joy – even in tribulation – because of His unfailing love and presence.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love – especially endurance and faithfulness. Pray for security in Jesus’ unbreakable love for you so that you would be sourced for unending love for others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.