Passage: Romans 12:9-10
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 12:9-10
"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor."
Intro: Is it possible to love genuinely?
GENUINE LOVE IS DISCERNING
GENUINE LOVE IS AFFECTIONATE
GENUINE LOVE IS HONORING
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD as the source of love. Recognize that He is love and loves us perfectly.
2. In what ways is your love hypocritical? Confess the inconsistencies in your love for God and love for others.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His loving pursuit of you. Thank Him for 1) inviting us to cling to Him, 2) welcoming us into His family, and 3) experiencing dishonor so that we could receive honor.
4. In what ways are you normalizing sin? What evil within you and around you needs to be confronted?
5. Do you enjoy being around the body of Christ? What are some steps you can take to value and honor the community of believers that God has called you to?
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.