Generous Use of Gifts
August 26, 2018 Speaker: Luke Wolfe Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 12:3–8
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 12:4-5
"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline
Intro: How do you think about giftedness? … what about giftedness that stays humble?
WHEN OUR GIFTS SERVE OUR IDOLS
WHEN OUR GIFTS SERVE GOD
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD that He has given us all of Himself and allowed us to live in unity with Him. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He is our only true source and hope in this world.
2. How have you lived only using your gifts to promote yourself, or denying you have any gifts to offer. Confess your pride and unbelief to God, asking Him to change your heart and give you a love and desire to use your gifts for others.
3. Give thanks to Jesus that by giving of Himself, in His life, death and resurrection, we get to be united to Him, all members of His body, gifted to serve and love His people.
4. Who do you know that is gifted and only lives to make much of themselves? Pray for them, asking that God would work in their hearts a humility and dependence on Him, to love and serve others rather than themselves.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to work in your heart, to reveal your gifts and give you opportunities to use them to serve and love God, and to serve and love others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Romans: From Faith to Faith
November 25, 2018The Obedience of Faith
November 18, 2018Names Matter Because People Matter
November 11, 2018Pushing Onward