Willing Tribute & Love
Passage: Romans 12:1-2, 11
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 12:1-2
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Intro: Where have you ever sacrifice?
WHAT IS A LIVING SACRIFICE?
What is being called for?
RESISTING & WORLDLY
Why is it difficult?
RADICAL CHANGE OF HEART
Yet, what can make it desirable?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD that He is worthy of all that we are and all that we have. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is most worthy of our love and loyalty.
2. How have you lived withholding your heart from God? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for your selfishness and to change your heart to see how worthy He truly is.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for giving us life through His sacrifice. Thank Him for 1) securing us in the face of our failures by His death, and 2) healing by His resurrection where we’re broken in our rebellion.
4. Who do you know that doubts God’s goodness and worth, especially tied to suffering? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see God’s true authority and wisdom to work everything together for our good.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of joy and love. Pray that He would grow you in your amazement of Jesus’ love for you, and as a result, you would grow in your joyful love for Him.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.