Courage To Live Upside-Down
Passage: Proverbs 8:10-21
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 1:7 & 15:33
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. … The fear of the LORD is instruction in wisdom, and humility
comes before honor."
Intro: When were you last faced with an “instead …” situation?
THE LORD’S WAYS
How are the LORD’s ways not the ways of this world?
THE WORLD’S WAYS
How do we want Jesus to conform to us or to our world’s system?
THE ETERNAL ONE LIVING IN US
Recall that maturity is the ability to think out to greater and greater degrees, both in terms of time and people … and how does the Gospel tie the two together?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD for His wisdom! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His eternal perspective and love by which He can account for absolutely everything.
2. How have you been foolish to exalt your opinion over what God has revealed in His Word, or shortsighted to live only for this world? Confess your pride and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and save you.
3. Give thanks for Jesus’ surpassing wisdom, especially His ability to work in ways that no one in this world could’ve imagined as effective! Thank Him for coming into this world to rescue us and secure within us His very eternal life.
4. Who do you know that consistently exalts their opinion over what God has revealed? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy upon them to open their eyes to their true need and peril so that they would trust Him.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you grow in wisdom. Pray for insight into God’s eternal perspective and love so that you would eagerly turn from your folly to follow the LORD and live wisely – in communion for eternity.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.