Death and Life Are in the Power of the Tongue
Passage: Proverbs 10:14, Proverbs 12:18 & 22, Proverbs 14:16-7 & 25, Proverbs 15:1-2 & 4, Proverbs 16:24, Proverbs 18:8 & 21a
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 15:1-2
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly."
WORDS THAT BRING DEATH
WORDS THAT BRING LIFE
GOD’S FINAL WORD
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship God, our Heavenly Father, for how He brings healing and life to areas of brokenness and death in our hearts. Praise Him that He is in the business of restoring broken things.
2. Confess ways in which we have used words that bring death in the relationships around us. Pray that the Lord would give us courage to approach those whom we have wounded with our words, and ask their forgiveness.
3. Thank Him that His words - not the foolish words that others may have spoken over us in the past - have final say in who we are. Thank Him that through Christ we have been forgiven for the foolish words we have spoken in the past and that we are a new creation.
4. Who has gossiped against you? Who has spoken foolish or rash words to you? Who has lied to you or about you in order to save face? Will you please pray for them and pray that the Lord would help you forgive them for how they have sinned against you?
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow you in remembering that your true identity is in Christ - a forgiven, beloved and adopted child of God! Pray that we would live out of this truth as we speak words that bring life - wise, gracious and true words - to those around us.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.