Wisdom in Love: Sexual Fidelity
Passage: Proverbs 7:1-27
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 7:24-26
"And now, O sons, listen to me, and be attentive to the words of my mouth. Let not your heart turn aside to her ways; do not stray into her paths, for many a victim has she laid low, and all her slain are a mighty throng."
Intro: How do we live wisely in a world of so much sexual brokenness?
DESIGNED FOR LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS
PLAGUED WITH SELF-LOVE
FREED BY A GREATER LOVE
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US...
1. Worship the LORD, that He has created us in His image for love and faithfulness. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for how He has given all of Himself to love and care for sinful people like us.
2. How have you lived consumed with self-love, giving in to temptation and serving your own appetites? Confess your pride and selfishness to God, asking Him to forgive you and fill you with His self-sacrificing love.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His love to sacrifice Himself, and all His desires for you. Thank Him for His promise to cleanse you and free you from the bondage and ruin of sexual sin.
4. Who do you know that can’t stop themselves from giving in to their desires; or who do you know that lives naive of the dangers and temptations around them? Pray for them, asking the Lord to show them a greater love and satisfaction in Him.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to guard your heart from temptation, and to grow in you a true love that is willing to self-sacrifice for the good of others, without promise of repayment or even that they deserve it.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.