Attentiveness Among Folly & Distraction
Passage: Proverbs 4:1, 13 & 20-27
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 4:23 (ESV)
"Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life."
Intro: What makes a video go viral?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ATTEND?
Why do we believe that we were created for attentiveness, toward the LORD our Maker and toward our neighbor?
DISTRACTED & FOOLISH
What does it look like to live inattentively?
SAVED & RE-FOCUSED
How has Jesus worked to rescue us from our departures from God (guilt) and to recover us to be faithful and focused?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD that He sees, that He is attentive and perfectly knowledgeable of all things and all people (including you). Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He attends to you.
2. How have you lived without focus upon the Lord and overcome by distractions? Confess your lack of discipline and attention to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to capture your heart with His gaze upon you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His dazzling work to save distracted people like us. Thank Him for perfectly attending to the Father (as we should have), giving us His record, all while He perfectly attended to you in your sin.
4. Who do you know that lives in an undisciplined or unfocused way? Pray for them, asking the LORD to help them, and to give you wisdom in how to engage them for Christ.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness and self control. Pray that He would help you to grow in your attentiveness to the LORD and to defend you against distractions.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.