Wise, Teachable and Befriended
Passage: Proverbs 9:1-18
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 9:4 & 6 (ESV)
"Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!” To him who lacks sense she says, … Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight."
Intro: We were created for community.
CREATED FOR WISDOM, THE WAY OF LIFE
Designed to hear and receive God’s word.
SEDUCED BY FOLLY, THE WAY OF DEATH
What happens when we try to correct God?
A GREATER WISDOM TO LIFE ETERNAL
What would life look like if we freely received God’s wisdom?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US …
1. Worship the LORD for His free offer of Wisdom. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for freely offering Himself to us, giving us access to the only true source of wisdom and life.
2. How have you lived in radical autonomy, hating being corrected by God and by your neighbor? Confess your pride and foolishness to God, asking Him to forgive you and to give you a heart of humility to openly receive and love His correction.
3. Give thanks to Jesus, for giving up His complete access and intimacy with the Father, to do what seemed most foolish; giving Himself up to die, so that we could have access to His Father’s wisdom, and in turn receive life.
4. Who do you know that lives foolishly, hating to be corrected and pursuing their own way? Pray for them, asking the LORD to call them to Himself, and give them access to His wisdom, and His eternal life.
5. Ask Holy Spirit to work His wisdom into you; that you would patiently and humbly receive His correction, and live in community with His people.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.