Aligned With God’s Design
Passage: Proverbs 2:1-8–8:10-11
Memory Verse for the Week: Proverbs 2:1 & 5 (ESV)
"My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, … then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God."
Intro: The Psalms ultimately end in worship; the Proverbs in wisdom …
LISTEN TO MY WORDS
Why do we believe that wisdom is less a commodity or skill and more a relationship?
What happens when we don’t value this relationship?
THE LORD GIVES WISDOM
How does God’s grace hold together 2 dynamics that our world just cannot fit together?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His wisdom! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His truthfulness, trustworthiness and total perspective on absolutely everything.
2. How have you been foolish to exalt your opinion over what God has expressed in His Word? Confess your arrogance and folly to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to rescue you from your sinful rebellion.
3. Give thanks for Jesus’ wisdom, especially His ability to work in ways that no one in this world could’ve imagined as effective! Thank Him for taking the place we deserve for our foolish rebellion and for planting His wisdom in us by His Spirit.
4. Who do you know that exalts their opinion over what God has expressed in His Word? Pray for them asking the Lord to have mercy upon them to open their eyes to their true need (and danger) and that they would trust in Jesus.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you grow in wisdom. Pray for insight into God’s character and Word (and into your own heart) so that you would eagerly turn from your folly to trust and follow the LORD.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.