God's Power In Our Weakness
Passage: Romans 8:26-30
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 8:26-27 (ESV)
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."
Intro: Paul believed that God used his weaknesses, 2 Cor. 12:7.
GOD’S TOOL AGAINST CONCEIT
How has our fall left us not only guilty and ruined, but also weak in any call toward wholeness?
FALSE HOPE, FAULTY POWER
In weakness, we want to turn toward self-reliance instead of toward the Lord.
WAITING IN DEPENDENCY UPON GOD’S POWER
By His entire work of redemption, why do we trust that God is able to work all things together for our ultimate good?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His absolute rule over all existence. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is King of all circumstance, and that He is good in how He works out all things in keeping with His holy purposes.
2. How have you lived denying God’s rule, in essence attempting to throw off His Kingship over you? Confess your foolish rebellion to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to re-shape you into His likeness with an obedient heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His willingness to go into abject weakness in order to guarantee us, by His grace, power that we can never lose! Thank Him for turning His suffering and for working all things together to our greatest good.
4. Who do you know that is puzzled or confused by their hardships or weaknesses? Ask the Father to help them, and give them insight into how God uses struggle to produce real strength of heart and character.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom in applying His promises to your circumstances, both good and bad. Ask God to help you to rejoice in Him even in the best and worst situations He has called you to face.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.