Hope in the Midst of Suffering
Passage: Romans 8:18-25
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 8:18 (ESV)
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
WHY WE GROAN
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship God for His goodness as our Priest and Savior in that He hears our groaning, never leaves us alone and meets us in our suffering.
2. How have you lived like you were entitled to a stress-free, drama-free or pain-free life? Where have you gotten angry at God at the first sign of inconvenience, unmet longing or suffering in your life? Confess ways in which you have doubted His goodness, His power or simply lost hope in the face of suffering.
3. Give thanks to God for the ways in which He grows us through suffering, identifies with us through Christ's own sufferings and promises us a future glory that we will enjoy as Christ returns, when suffering is completely done away with as the new heavens and new earth are brought about!
4. Who do you know that is in a season of suffering and could use your presence, prayers and perspective? Pray that the Lord would comfort and encourage them in their time of trial. Pray that the Lord would give you wisdom for the best way to love them.
5. Ask the Lord to increase your faith when you are encountering disappointments, unmet expectations, hurt feelings, chronic pain and other difficult life circumstances. Remember that these present sufferings are not the end of the story, and these pains cannot outweigh the glory we will have in Christ! Pray that even in the most difficult of circumstances you are able to lament with hope in Jesus!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.